Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What's one to do when running low on their favorite moisturizer?

Like an angel calling from Heaven, the commercial for Avon was beckoning me to reach out and contact someone here instead of settle for whatever I can manage to decipher from the packaging at the local Аптека. So I went to the website (www.avon.ru) and of course there was no English option. I tried my handy method for translating webpages into English by using Google Translate with no success. Then I figured that I could decipher the page bit by bit and order by picture, havivng it delivered to my home here, only to discover that they do not do orders directly from the site.

I persisted and utilized my 1st grade Russian reading skills and deciphered the information request page. I entered my name (in English and Russian), address (in Russian), and phone number. It will be interesting to see who calls and what we can get worked out. Ha ha! I did put a message in English in the 'Notes' section requesting someone who can speak some English. Waiting game begins...

P.S. Maybe I could be the Avon lady to my English speaking friends! LOL! Love their products and miss my Avon ladies (Tami Hammack, Heather Prough, and Tara Borgonah) back home. But then again, the tax nightmare that would come from that would not be worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Светлана called 15 minutes after I posted on my blog! I'm sure that anyone witnessing the conversation from her end or mine found it very humorous. Simple things like saying Block D (part of our address) being misunderstood as B, because English speakers say D, like Dee....Russians say D like Day. We figured it out and she's coming to bring me a catalog tonight! :D Yay!

    ReplyDelete